Microsoft IT Academy
welcome to the microsoft it academy program page
Microsoft IT Academy program provides industry-leading technology skills to help bridge the skills gap.
Microsoft IT Academy provides digital curriculum and certifications on fundamental technology skills -- as well as courses critical for learners of all ages to be successful in today's technologically evolving world.
Interested in free access to Microsoft training? Just follow these steps to begin your journey:
- Download the Learner Steps for IT Academy E-Learning document
- First Time Users: If you do not have a Microsoft account you will need to create a username (email address) and password by clicking on the following link: Microsoft Account Sign Up Page (first time only)
IMPORTANT – Once you sign up for your account return to this page to access the Microsoft IT Academy.
- Log into the Microsoft IT Academy Website using one of the following links:
Microsoft IT Academy Registration Website (first time only)
Microsoft IT Academy Website (returning users)
- What is Microsoft IT Academy? It is a series of online videos and tutorials on a wide variety of Microsoft services and products including Word, Excel and Access, Windows, Exchange, Lync, Sharepoint, Virtualization and Systems Center, Microsoft Dynamics, SQL Server, Visual Studio, Windows Azure and Windows Phone.
- What is the curriculum?
- The Microsoft Digital Literacy curriculum provides essential computing skills for learners new to computing
- The Microsoft E-Learning curriculum provides unlimited access for more than 400 courses.
- Ready-to-use, customizable lesson plans including links to relevant Microsoft E-Learning and free demos and videos
- E-reference provides digital access for educators to more than 600 technology books, searchable by topic, technology and subject
- The Microsoft Official Academic Course (MOAC) series delivers a complete learning and teaching framework developed specifically for use in an academic setting
- Microsoft Official Courseware (MOC) is instructor-led training intended for IT professionals and developers who build, support, and implement solutions by using Microsoft technologies
- What is Microsoft Certification? It is a credential earned by passing one or more Microsoft tests at a certified testing site.
- Microsoft Certifications differentiate students in today's competitive job market and broaden their employment opportunities.
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exams prepare your students to be more productive in school and business careers.
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) exams provide an entry-level opportunity to explore various technical careers.
- Microsoft Certifications Solutions Associate/Expert (MCSA/MCSE) exams provide steps to validation of a student's ability to design and build innovative solutions across multiple technologies, both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Pass a Microsoft Certification exam and apply for US college credit via the ACE College Credit Recommendation Service.
- If I take one of the Microsoft IT Academy courses, do I receive a certification? No, but the courses within the Microsoft IT Academy help prepare you for the exams.
- Where can I sign up to take a certification exam?
Certiport testing locator (for academic outlets)
Prometric testing locator (for commercial outlets)
- Are these exams free? No, these exams are not free. See the above websites for cost information.