Computers & Internet
We offer free computer, internet, and WiFi use to patrons and visitors. When we are closed, WiFi can be accessed on the Library grounds, all day every day. Please consult the Computer & Internet Use Policy below.
- We offer seven public-access desktop computers and two express computers
- Public-access computers can be used for up to 1 hour each day
- Express computers can be used for up to 15 minutes at a time
- Access to all computers is on a first-come, first-served basis, and must be done in person at the Library
- You will need your library card, or know your account number
- Visitors can be given a guest pass at the front desk
- We offer several laptops for your use within the Library
- If you are interested in using the laptops you must sign a usage agreement and provide a valid library card and photo ID. Sign up at the front desk
- All public-access desktop, express, and laptop computers are connected to the Library's printer network
- Black & White printing through the main copy machine is available for 10¢ per sheet
- Color printing is available for 50¢ per sheet at the front desk
- Printing is not available from personal laptops using the WiFi network
24-hour WiFi Access
- Our WiFi network can be accessed inside the Library during regular hours
- Our WiFi network can be accessed on the Library grounds 24-hours a day, seven days a week
- No password is needed to access the network
Computer & Internet Use Policy
The Orcas Island Public Library, in ways that support its mission, offers access to computers and to the Internet as well as to other technologies as available and appropriate.
Each individual computer user takes responsibility for his or her own actions using Library equipment or the Internet. In the case of minors, responsibility lies with the parents or legal guardians.
Computer users are responsible for the security and integrity of their own communications and information. The Library's network is not a secure environment.
Users should be aware that government agencies and others may have the right to obtain user information.